Mould - What you should know.....


MOULD – WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW


Black, green or white mould? Musty smells? Condensation issues? Damp patches? Mould around windows, on furniture, mattresses, walls floors, ceilings and doors?


You won’t solve the problem with bleach and household cleaners. Mould will keep coming back unless you deal with the root cause. What’s more it can also affect your health and immune system, causing headaches, breathing difficulties, nausea, fatigue and even trigger respiratory problems and asthma.


Did you know:


  • Left untreated mould can grow into your walls and even affect building materials

  • Toxic black mould needs to be removed by a professional

  • Houses are becoming more airtight, without fresh air in your home, mould problems start


FAQS

  1. What is mould?

Mould is a microscopic organism that requires three things to grow: organic material (such as wood or paper), oxygen and moisture.


2. What causes mould?

Mould and damp are caused by excess moisture. Moisture in buildings can be caused by leaking pipes, rising damp in basements or ground floors, or rain seeping in because of damage to the roof or around window frames. In a newly built home damp can occur if the water used when the house was built is still drying out. The usual suspect for the cause of mould within your home is prolonged condensation. Continuous condensation problems are usually accompanied by black mould.


3.Is mould bad for my health?

Evidence suggests that mould can severely affect your health. It can cause headaches, breathing difficulties, nausea and fatigue. Mould is also a recognised allergen and irritant, and can trigger for more serious health problems such as respiratory problems and asthma. It can also be incredibly dangerous for those with a weakened immune system, babies, young children and the elderly.